Coptic Integrated Family Services
Project goal: Our goal is to promote the mental, educational, humanitarian, cultural, physical and social development in individuals as an effort to improve quality of life and the overall health of our under-served communities.
As our Lord Jesus Christ told us, “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)
Coptic Integrated Family Services (CIFS) is a project that was created to offer mental health services to the greater Los Angeles area. Services offered through Coptic Integrated Family Services are generally ones that our community does not actively seek out. Our aim is to facilitate the use of these needed services with the guidance of Orthodox Christianity. Services include counseling, coping skills, anger management, parenting classes, crisis intervention, and community outreach. We also treat cases of Depression, Abuse, Psychotic Disorders, Addiction, and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD).
This program offers services in various areas of mental health and general health such as:
- Mental Health Counseling Services
- Psychiatric Medication Evaluation
- Psychiatric Medication Monitoring
- Addiction and Recovery Services
- Case Management Service
- Community Resource Referrals
Three Facets of Coptic Integrated Family Services:
1. Educational: Educating individuals will allow them to seek out much needed services without feeling threatened or ashamed. It is important for our community to realize how common these needs are so that they can start treatment and lead healthier lives.
2. Help-Line: If you or someone you know need to speak to someone for help or wish to inquire about available services, please call our 24-hour Hotline #: 1-866-912-2734. In case of an emergency, call 911. Please be sure that your call will be kept completely confidential. You can even choose to remain anonymous.
3. Clinic: Services are provided in a clinic in Glendale.
Who is Involved in Coptic Integrated Family Services?
CIFS is comprised of mental health professionals, students and interns from the Coptic community. We are seeking Coptic professionals who are willing and able to volunteer their time in providing mental health services to the community. If you are interested in volunteering your services for CIFS, please contact Fr. James Soliman at (818) 543-1533 or by e-mail: FrJamesSoliman@lacopts.org